Safe-keeping in a secure and neutral place for
- Software source code
Software and data can be deposited with us online or on a data storage device.
Data deposited with us electronically is stored exclusively on servers in Switzerland. The server centre meets the highest standards of security (daily backups, fail-safe backup power systems, fail-safe air-conditioning systems, fire-extinguishing systems, strict access control and video surveillance). All data is transmitted in encrypted form.
Data and documents deposited on a data storage device are stored in the vaults of Swiss banks.
Items deposited with swissEscrow are released
- when the service provider or vendor does not fulfil their commitments because of bankruptcy, death, refusal to render service, etc.
- when they fail to fulfil their contractual commitments adequately.
- in other circumstances which the contracting parties agree on in advance.
Verification of source code, data, and documents deposited with swissEscrow
In many cases, this level of verification is sufficient to ensure a reliable deposit, especially when the service provider or vendor and the customer know one another well. This is the method of verification which swissEscrow applies by default.
The item deposited is verified to see if
- it is complete
- it corresponds to the specifications in the escrow agreement
- it corresponds to the description of the item deposited
- the data storage device is readable
- it is virus free
- it is plausible.
At the request of the parties the source code, data or documents can be subjected to a more stringent verification of its content, functionality, quality of code, algorithms, database, etc. This may be done in the presence of the service provider or vendor and the customer, but their presence is not essential.
- swissEscrow can draw up escrow contracts, customized to meet your needs.
- We can offer legal advice and support in all matters relating to escrow and other contracts.
swissEscrow – your partner for security.